Noise Consent 

Depending on where your event is, and what time it is on, there will be rules about noise levels.

For many event spaces, Council has a limited number of special consents each year that allow for higher noise levels than usual. If your event has amplified sound, or sudden loud noises such as fireworks, it is worth checking if you need to get noise consent. It is a lot cheaper to get consent than to pay fines for breaching noise levels! Noise consent comes with guidelines on what your limits will be, and how to monitor your noise levels. You need to allow at least a month for this application. 

The Venue Manager or Park Manager will supply you with a Noise Consent application.

For more information visit the Nelson City Council webpage